Wednesday, June 20, 2007

catching up

I have been invited to participate in a garden art show July 13th at the Whole Foods store on College Avenue, so I've been playing around with new ideas and mosaics. So far, I have decided to mosaic a few pots, a garden ball, and a garden pole (for the lack of a better word). For marketing purposes, obviously I will need to come up with a better name for the pole! I have been working on the Transition sculpture, which is getting pretty close to being done. I have the face to finish (the front and back of it). Then I will be building the base of it soon

I have also started up painting again - it's been a long time since I painted. Another new project is creating prayer poles. I primed, and painted the top part of the pole and next Monday I will paint the rest of the pole, then join them (when dry). Then I'll attach some string on the top and add prayer flags and perhaps a feather at the end.

My mosaic class ended a few weeks ago. A couple of other ladies signed up to do another beginning mosaic class, which will be fun.

No comments: