Tuesday, October 07, 2008

opening reception a huge success - and changes coming!

The Mystery art show opening reception was a huge success - we have a diverse collection of art dealing with whatever we see as Halloween, Mystery - and as I see it, Shadow (Carl Jung's Shadow is the unseen, disowned self which is translated into our fears etc). My shrine to the Shadow was completed for the opening - with the two quotes from Carl Jung and Edgar Allen Poe. I'm pretty pleased with it.

I took down David Richman's mosaic exhibit yesterday, leaving space for my next endeavor at my studio. In talking to an art coach recently, I have come up with a new set of goals that I want to pursue with my mosaic art. I want to start focusing on dream art exclusively (other than holiday gifts of course). My goal is to devote 24 hours a week to finishing "hypnogogia" and creating some other dream art pieces. Some will be wall pieces, some will be sculpture. The pieces will incorporate my fused glass pieces, reclamed glass, and of course some of my favorite glass tile SICIS. The other part of my plan is to start chronicling the creation of the dream art here in my blog. I will be posting pictures of the creation process. Once my shrine (Ode to Shadow) is taken down I will post pictures of it here.

No comments: