Sunday, September 14, 2008

David Richman's World of Mosaics

David Richman is a very talented veteran mosaicist - he has been mosaicing since the 1950's and has had some breaks from creating mosaics from time to time in his life. He has 9 pieces of mosaic wall art in an exhibit in my studio and they are phenomenal - and they are all new except for one, which is his first.

I think my favorite is "Bird of Paradise". At least today - other days another mosaic speaks to me. I think many people agree with me - the Bird of Paradise got lots of attention and oohs and ahs during the opening reception. The opening reception was on the first Friday of the month - our gallery walk. We had a great turn-out that night.

The exhibit will be up all month of September. I hope you can come and see it - it's worth your time and effort to find the sometimes-hard-to-find Poudre River Arts Center. The address is 406 North College Avenue - it's on the corner of Willow and College. The corner has the Taco John's building and a gas station as well.

The gallery hours are Wednesday through Saturday from 10 to 5 p.m. Of course you can call me to see the exhibit by appointment. I already have a group coming on a Monday at 2 p.m.

No comments: