Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Backsplash and picture frame updates

This morning I started bright and early to install the latest panel of the backsplash. It went up with some difficulty - but it's up and looking good. My client is happy with it and excited to have it grouted tomorrow. I will get to my client's home tomorrow bright and early again - and get the three panels grouted. The fifth and last panel will get started in the next couple of weeks. I hope to get it mosaiced, installed and grouted by the end of August. I will post pictures of the backsplash when I get them.

The commissioned picture frame is mosaiced; I grouted it and painted the edges yesterday. I will repaint the edges later today and then get it to my client tomorrow or Friday. I will post a picture of it here sometime next week.

I had a vivid dream last night that I can't stop thinking about. I wrote it down, talked with my husband about it, and "worked" it a bit...came to some conclusions about what it's talking about. I have realized it's about the changes that are going on in our family (my daughter going to college in less than a month) and being
"called" to take on something that I keep on trying to "give away"...for me, it's about the "call" for me to do sculpture, which is something that I have done a little bit of, but I have avoided trying to create a piece of sculpture that I have been sketching and planning.

I will work this dream by writing about it, sketching it, painting it, and then sculpting it in some way. I'm not sure it'll be ceramic or cement with mosaic - or maybe both. Or maybe working this dream will propel me to finally create the antlered one extending a lotus flower to me. I hope it's that simple.

No comments: