Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My website and dream art

My www.DreamMosaics.com website has been converted to http://home.comcast.net/~dreammosaics just this weekend. I'm in the process of building it but one thing that will be different is the main focus will be on dream art - mosaic, fine silver, clay sculpture...and soon encaustic painting.

I do have my birdbath on the new website for anyone who would like to see it. The pictures aren't very clear and the color isn't very accurate, but you'll get the idea. I'm hoping to get a picture of it in its new yard soon.

I have recently been having dreams, seemingly ordinary and pretty boring. But then I remember that each dream we have is another look at something, maybe something that we are not aware of or we are denying its existence (which is an unconscious process). So these dreams come to inform or remind us that that this something is there and real, whether we like or not. If we accept that aspect of ourselves and recognize it as "me" then we become more whole, which has got to be more healthy.

So my dream this morning, as embarrassing as it is, came to remind me of my passivity, my choice to not speak up and speak my truth. That is a common motif in my dreams and in my waking life. Time to stop keeping my mouth shut and be silently frustrated. Say something! Just because I assert myself by speaking my truth, it doesn't mean that the people around me have to change - it's me who has to change and it'll feel better.

So in order to explore this dream in its language (rather than talking about it) I will create sculpt it out of clay. Michel Eyquem De Montaigne said "I believe it to be true that Dreams are the true Interpreters of our Inclinations; but there is Art required to sort and understand them" (Essays, Bk. III, Ch XIII). Couldn't have said it any better.

No comments: