Monday, July 13, 2009

Birdbath...backsplash...photo frame...dream art

The birdbath is in its new home in Charlotte NC...it was delivered at the end of May. The new owner is very happy with it, which is always nice. I will post a photo of it soon.

The backsplash is coming along - I'm finishing up and installing the 4th panel this week.

Last week I was hired to mosaic a photo frame using my client's grandmother's china as tesserae. I have sanded and sealed the frame and will start mosaicing it this week. Due date is August 10 so it'll be quick piece.

I have been creating clay sculpture to express dreams that I wake up with. I created a face that expresses a dream that I had forgotten something really important and then remember it in the beginning of the dream. I do see those kind of dreams as a gentle poke at me, to wake me up - there are things that I'm not keeping track of...falling asleep to. I hope the face will be a reminder to stay awake, conscious in my waking life. I have also sculpted an abstract piece to express a dream I woke up with this morning. I will post a photo of the piece along with the dream when it's fired and glazed.

No comments: