Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Publicity and finding time to create art

This morning I got some publicity done for the "Artists in Dreamland" exhibit. The press releases will be in the Coloradoan, Scene Magazine, ReBeet e-newsletter, and the FCMOCA's e-newsletter. Postcards will be coming soon.

I finished the dream mask - I'll kiln it before I fly to San Diego on Friday .m. I think I'll carve the face a little more to accentuate the lines.

I had a dream with werewolves in the last couple of nights and I am inspired to create a fine silver piece to express the different characters in the dream. Dream theory tells us that every bit and part in the dream, including the characters, colors, floor, and sky, are symbolic parts of the dreams...so I have a "werewolves", men in black suits, and a man/woman parts of myself that I want to explore in this piece. Should be interesting.

Hopefully I will get some more of the birdbath done today too. I need to get some pictures posted here!

No comments: