Sunday, March 08, 2009

Studios news

I'm kilning my newest PMC pieces today - some will be tile for mosaics, some will be barrettes, some will be who-knows-what.

I have two mirrors started with fused glass pieces as focal points - now need to finish them.

I have the bubbles done for the birdbath pedestal. Tomorrow I will thinset them on and then start the movement of mosaic pieces up the pedestal.

The kitchen backsplash is coming along - need to install it and see where we are on the wall.

I'm stuck on the concrete dream-inspired sculpture - it's more about lack of time and energy to do it. So maybe it'll be ready for the dream art exhibit next year, as the altered book I started.

The deadline for entries for the Artists in Dreamland art show is Tuesday March 10th - I'll be at Poudre River Arts Center from 10 to 4 or so. If you need an extension, please let me know - the jury meets on Friday so we have a couple more days if you need it. I will post the accepted pieces on http://www.Dreamartshow.com and http://www.DreamMosaics.com - probably will email the artists too.

No comments: