Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Dream sculpture: Transition

The Transition dream sculpture is coming along - I mosaiced about 1/4 of the water late last night. This morning, it looks pretty good. Sometimes I'm not sure how something looks until I've had some distance and time away. Sleep is an amazing way to get perspective.

As I look back, I see that the process of creating the sculpture has been paralleling my process of transition from psychotherapist to professional artist and dreamworker. For months, I was stuck on the sculpture because I was stuck in my life. I have seemed to tread water ever since I left the mental health center almost 3 years ago. I have mosaiced all kinds of items, like furniture, flower pots, mirrors, crosses; and I have sold many pieces. The sculpture just sat there, haunting and naked.

In the last couple of months, I decided to start selling all of my professional books (that I used to have in my therapy office), as well as books that I won't read or need again. As I packed each book, I silently thanked and blessed the person for buying the book as well as releasing my intention that I had at the time that I bought the book. It was time to move on and selling the books felt really good. I was finally making steps to do that.

A part of the Law of Attraction is that you state what you want, "put it out there", listen and heed inspired thoughts and ideas, and you find yourself where you want to be. Most of my therapy books are released and in hands who need them. I have the books that I still want and love. I am creating the life that I love, including mosaicing the Transition dream sculpture. It'll be done by First Friday in May, to symbolize transition is finished - at least this step of transition!

No comments: