Thursday, April 19, 2007

Poudre River Arts Center and dream-inspired sculpture

Tomorrow I move into my new studio and gallery at Poudre River Arts Center. I am so excited! It is a beautiful space with so much potential. The Center has been in operation for nearly a year and has hosted a number of art shows, auctions, fundraisers, and art classes. I'm betting there is so much more that can be done and what can be offered.

I have signed up for the events committe, which (as I understand it) will be responsible for making arrangements and taking care of details for events that the Poudre River Art Association votes to do. Soon we will have our first anniversary party/art show.

I taught the second class of mosaics a couple of days ago, which was really fun. We finished design and will start adhering tesserae (glass) to the substrate (picture frame)next class. I love to spend time with and share ideas with fellow creatives.

Today I'll be working on the dream sculpture. This weekend I'll take a new picture and then post it here, before I move it to my studio/gallery at PRAC. It'll be a work in progree there. I'd like to be mostly done with it by the First Friday in May.

I'll end this with one of my favorite quotes:

Art attracts us only
by what it reveals of
our most secret self.
~Jean Lue Godard~

No comments: