Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Epiphany pot

I've been working on my dream inspired sculpture, very slowly anyway. Today I will sand it so I can work on the face/death mask. I think the colors of the water will be blacks, grays, blues, and perhaps some purple - not sure about the purple.

I have also started another project. I freecycle and I look for different items to transform into a piece of art. Recently I received a large toilet from a fellow freecycler, which was to be transformed into an "Epiphany pot", inspired by something that I saw in one of my favorite tv shows, Scrubs. My epiphany pot will have a face and other features on the toilet, along with with plants growing in its tank, symbolizing the epiphany. I don't think it'll be anything anyone will want to sit on though. I have taken a picture of the toilet with one eye and some of the eyebrow and nose done already. I think it would be really fun to share the process of the transformation of the toilet into a piece of art. But you know, epiphanies are a part of transformation - how appropriate!!

No comments: